Welcome to our blog.

We hope our blog keeps you informed of the fun things we are doing in the Centre.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Logan and Ruby dance!

This afternoon we played some action songs on the ipod and Logan and Ruby were really keen to dance and do the actions to the songs. First we had The Fancy Dance. "I can stamp my feet, I can wriggle my thumbs, I can pat my cheeks, I can rub my tum. I can reach up high,
I can clap my hands,
I can wink one eye and do the fancy dance...wriggle from the bottom,
wriggle to the top, Fancy Dance wriggle, fancy dance stop! Then the next song was "Throw the bean bag and catch". Logan really enjoyed this one! "Put a bean bag on your head,
and walk around the room!
Put it on your finger!
Put it on your foot!
Put it on you knee (er..tummy?)!
Action songs like this are a fantastic way for children to learn their body parts and for them to gain confidence in what their bodies can do and how they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment